Depending on interpretation, my object may have several meanings. Although many associate angel babies, or putti, with cupid, cupid is usually accompanied by his iconic attributes: a bow, arrow, and quiver. Another indication of cupid is the presence of his mother, Venus, who is not present. While cupid indicates a sentiment of love, both in a familial romantic sense, a generic putto primarily indicates a sacred cherub and the presence of God throughout the common era. Conceptually, I think it would be most interesting to play with the concept of duality. With Valentine’s Day approaching, I feel as though combining romantic iconography with the concept of a semi-permanent material will form a statement of temporary hope. For me, religion was a huge part of my upbringing but is no longer a part of my life. I think it could be interesting to pair dyed wax with the symbolism of my object. In the style of Andy Warhol, appropriating a religious symbol to make colorful statement candles that burn away could be a unique way to handle the connotations of the putto.